March 17, 2010

Inspiration from a friend

Today, I was railroaded into changing my teaching plans for tomorrow as our school hosts some visiting Chinese teachers. They would like to observe some classes and I, being the lucky guy that I am, was asked/suckered into changing my writing activity for something more active and engaging so the teachers could observe the effectiveness and the positive influence of the foreign teachers on the Chinese students. I'm a sucker and said okay. Now I'm getting ready to spend most of my night in the city (it's our weekly night for our shopping bus), and I have sort out a teaching plan for one single class tomorrow. And it's my class of hooligans. What am I getting myself into?!?!?

On a brighter note, a friend of mine recently changed her FB status to reveal a cheerful Dr. Seuss quote. So, I thought I'd do the same. I found this one to be particularly good for inspiring me to face this small challenge:

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me."

- Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment